Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Apple Pie Oatmeal Bar


Ingredients
2 Eggs
1 cup shortening
2 cups Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
4 cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
1 can Apple Pie Filling
  • Preheat oven 350º
  • In a large bowl cream eggs, shortening, sugar and vanilla together.
  • Stir in cinnamon and flour.
  • Add oatmeal, making sure all ingredients are mixed well.
  • Divide the dough in half, put ½ into a greased 9x11 pan. Press firmly on dough.
  • Pour the pie filling onto bottom layer, spreading evenly.
  • Pat remaining mixture over top of the pie filling. (this step can be very messy and sticky, I use my hands to pat top layer).
  • Bake at 350º for 25 minutes.

  • Cool and cut into bars/squares. (I cooled mine in the fridge)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.
    Rasoi.me

    ReplyDelete